exercises and build a fully functional application using the MEAN Stack and learn how to deploy it to Heroku!
Angular 2 will be covered
What is the MEAN Stack?
The idea is quite simple. There are 4 main parts to MEAN:
- MongoDB as the database
- Express as the web framework
- Angular as the frontend framework
- Node.js as the server platform
Why Use the MEAN Stack?
- Easily create a modern, responsive and dynamic web or mobile applications
- All components of MEAN are free, open-source projects, regularly updated and very flexible to both use and customize to your needs
Who is This Weekend Workshop For?
- This weekend training course is ideal for corporations who wish to get their employees up to speed quickly for in house projects
- Technical recruiting firms that want to make their candidates more marketable
- Anyone that desires to get up to speed with MEAN quickly and have an instructor on hand to ask questions, thus saving humongous amounts of time learning it on their own
This class is a deep study into the technologies that are central to the MEAN Stack toolset.
Students who attend this course should have:
- General database experience
- HTML and CSS experience
- No experience is assumed with Node.js, MongoDB, NoSQL, or AngularJS.
- Express 4
Getting Started with Node.js
- What is MEAN stack?
- Package management with npm
- Blocking I/O vs Non-Blocking I/O
- Asynchronous calls
- Event Loop in Node
- Whats a document store
- Mongodb Pros/Cons
- Intro to NoSQL and MongoDB
- Using Mongoose
- Express basic concepts
- Yeoman Generator
- Auth with Passport
Bringing it all together (Single Page Application – SPA)
- Creating Routes
- Deploy to Heroku
System Requirements and Development Environment
Participates should bring a laptop/notebook computer. Mac or PC with any modern web browser installed and working wireless capabilities.